Dates, venues and distances
Chatsworth House – 9 July 2017
Windsor Great Park – 17 Sept 2017
What is the event?
Running is a natural activity that everyone can get involved with anywhere – it could be you run and walk the distance or train to keep going all of the way – whatever suits you, we want to cater for you. I am working with a team of like-minded people to create VitalityMove – two events that seek to fuse music and running and bring an energy to running that entices the reticent runner to join us.
Music has been a massive influence in my life as a whole, but mostly on my sport. There are days when going to the track or gym has been tough, and that added motivation from a good tune through my headphones has given me the impetus I have needed to get through a session.
As 800m was the longest distance I had to run for the heptathlon – I will definitely need a good set of running tunes to help me run longer distances when I decide to retire!
Both venues will offer the same three core distances.
- A one-mile musically themed run (or walk or dance) suitable for all ages & abilities
- In the lead up to the event, we will be asking you as participants what music you’d like to hear all the way around this flat one-mile course. Will it be ‘90’s pop (think Spice Girls & Take That), Britpop (think Oasis, Pulp or Blur), the latest pop (think Little Mix & Shawn Mendes) or even the best of ABBA…? You name it, we’ll aim to play it!
- An undulating run through the venue grounds
- Suitable for both beginners and more serious runners
- An undulating run through the venue grounds with views over either Chatsworth House or Windsor Castle and Great Park
- Suitable for those stepping up to a 10k for the first time and more serious runners
Music miles will have several starts across the day, with the starts for the 5k and 10k setting off in both the morning and afternoon. You can choose how many distances to tackle, and, for the music miles, you can choose to do whichever one you want to on the day!
- 10km: 10am and 2pm starts
- 5km: 11am and 3pm starts
- Music miles: every half hour from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Just 10 miles from Chesterfield, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales and standing on the banks of the River Derwent, Chatsworth House is a stunning setting for the first VitalityMove event.
Chatsworth House is a real favourite of mine – I often visit with my mum and son to wander in the grounds and to visit the farmyard and adventure playground. It is a really beautiful venue and I am so excited that we are able to hold the first VitalityMove event there – and it’s also so close to my hometown of Sheffield.
Windsor Great Park
Under the shadow of the famous view of Windsor Castle, the Long Walk in Windsor Great Park is the location for the second VitalityMove event.
Windsor Great Park is an amazing location. Having the stage & the event village by the Long Walk with Windsor Castle in the background should be truly inspirational for anyone who runs, walks or moves at Vitality Move.