Getting there and parking
Please note: this information regarding how to get to the event and how to park is correct for the 2017 event.
Chatsworth House is located in Central England in the heart of the Peak District in Derbyshire.
DE45 1PP (if you’re using a satnav system, please use postcode DE45 1SR)
Getting there by car
- From the M1, take junction 29 towards Chesterfield and follow the brown signs for 16 miles
- From Matlock, take the A6, then the B6012 for 8 miles
- You can’t use the main visitor vehicle entry point into Chatsworth for this event. You need to enter the event car park via the Golden Gate off of the A619 in the village of Netherends, Baslow – the nearest postcode to the gates is DE45 1SR. Please follow any signage in place.
Car parking is available online in advance, or on site at a fee of £5 per car.
Pre-booked car parking
If you pre-purchase your parking online, you will receive your unique car parking voucher via email. Please print and display this voucher clearly in your car on entry to the park or bring it along as an e-ticket. If you don’t provide evidence of pre-paid parking, you will need to pay £5 again on the day – no exceptions.
On the day payment
You will be able to purchase car parking on the day of the event for £5 (CASH ONLY). You will be issued with a car parking voucher on payment. Please display this voucher clearly in your car throughout the day to avoid further charges.
The car park is accessible via the Golden Gates off of the A619 in the village of Netherends, Baslow – the nearest postcode to the gates is DE45 1SR. Please follow any signage in place.
Please note that it is a 10-15 minute walk to the event village from the car park.
Getting there by public transport
- Chesterfield Railway Station is a 30 minute taxi ride or take the 170 bus service operated by Hulley’s between Chesterfield and Bakewell.
- Sheffield Railway station is a 40 minute taxi ride or take the 218 bus service operated by TM Travel between Sheffield and Bakewell.
- From Matlock the 217 bus service operated by TM Travel runs between Matlock & Chatsworth.
- For up to date bus information, please visit Derbyshire County Council’s journey planner.